Over 217 MILLION consumers are currently online in the US, world wide that number increases to a staggering 1.3 BILLION, and both of those numbers increase by an average of 17 percent every year.
These statistics are why search engine optimization and search engine marketing have become such a critical component to the survival of any business. Whether you are a small mom and pop type business just targeting your local city or county, or a large corporation targeting the globe, using search engine marketing to target those consumers who are actively looking for the goods and services that you provide is a proven way to not only survive during slow economic times, but to drive growth.
Why You NEED Proper Search Engine Placement
Over 70% of all US online consumers, who were researching goods or services, first started at a search engine such as Google, Yahoo, or MSN. The remaining 30% were broken up into a plethora of other methods that include everything from word of mouth, television, radio, and even newspaper ads.
Traditional offline advertising such as television, radio, and newspaper are more expensive compared to online marketing. With traditional marketing techniques the effects of each campaign lasts only as long as you keep paying for each new ad. When in contrast Search Engine Ranking, has the ability to consistently provide you with new business month after month and year after year without the large ongoing expense of having to constantly run new advertisements. SEO is a proven, dollar for dollar, far less expensive investment that provides more market penetration, with a much higher rate of return, than any other form of traditional marketing including the yellow pages, newspapers, and circulars. Simply put search engine ranking is the most cost effective form of marketing available. With search engine marketing you’re targeting those clients, buyers, and consumers who are actively and specifically looking for the product or service that you offer. In fact many of businesses are often amazed at the amount of searches performed each month for the goods or services that they provide just in their local area.
Marketing online is now a critical component to any business that wants to grow and exceed in the markets they operate in. With almost eighty percent of the entire population of the United States currently online, if you are not leveraging the internet as a primary marketing tool for your business, you are missing out on the greatest ROI potential available.
The New York City Chamber of Commerce is partnered with SEO and online marketing experts. Contact us today to learn more.